The ROMEO5 features SIG's MOTAC™ (Motion Activated Illumination) which increases battery life by shutting down the system when not in use and instantly activates the system when it senses the slightest vibration or movement. Your sight will be up when you go into action. The ROMEO5 will mount on any platform and the solid aluminum design will give peak performance and years of service. Military units trust the ROMEO5 when it counts, so why wouldn’t you?
The ROMEO5 Compact Red Dot Sight provides the civilian and armed professional with a robust 1x aiming solution optimized for today’s MSR/AR platforms.
- The ROMEO5 combines a leading edge optical design with an extremely robust, lightweight aluminum housing for years of worry-free service at a competitive price point
- The 2 MOA Red-Dot provides 10 illumination settings (8 daylight plus 2 NV) for visibility in all light conditions
- Features our MOTAC™ (Motion Activated Illumination) powers up when it senses motion and powers down when it does not. Provides for optimum operational safety and enhanced battery life
- The readily available CR2032 battery is side-loading, allowing for quick battery replacement without having to remove the sight from the firearm
- An integrated M1913 Picatinny interface provides industry-standard mounting options for a wide range of applications
- Dependable waterproof (IPX-7 rated for complete water immersion up to 1 meter) and fog-proof performance
- Includes a M1913 Picatinny low mount riser and co-witness 1.41” and 1.63” riser mounts.
Durable Epoxy Base Paint Withstands Bore Cleaners & Solvents
The special feature of Aluma-Hyde II (and the reason for its development) is its increased resistance to bore cleaners, solvents and other cleaning chemicals, even trichloroethylene. Today’s family of fast, aggressive bore cleaners really do a terrific job getting dirty gun bores sparkling clean, but they can wreak particular havoc with any other finish they contact. After full cure, Aluma-Hyde II proved solvent-proof to all but the most aggressive, copper-removing bore solvents. Aluma-Hyde II is formulated with a hard-curing epoxy base that contains additional, high-density pigment for a durable finish that sticks to all properly prepared aluminum and alloy surfaces, steel and plastics - it’s great on synthetic stocks. Aluma-Hyde II is available in a variety of colors to help the gunsmith match the vast number of applications found in the average gunshop. Matte finishes are available in Parkerizing Gray (medium gray), Dark Parkerizing Gray (medium dark), Stainless Steel Gray (light), Earth Brown, Matte Clear, O.D. Green for creating camo pattern stocks, Desert Tan (light, desert-tan sand), Coyote (light, gray-brown) and the original favorite, Matte Black. Also available is Semi-Gloss Black which can be used to compliment the matte finishes or give you a black finish that is less matte if you desire. We like the Matte Black color for refinishing those used AR-15 buttstocks and handguards you pick up when building a parts gun, knock-around “truck” guns and, of course, anodized parts.
Aluma-Hyde II dries to the touch in only minutes and reaches full cure in about a week. Here’s the way we apply it: Warm the part and the Aluma-Hyde II to about 90? F.; spend a couple of minutes shaking the daylights out of the Aluma-Hyde II and apply a medium coat for good coverage. You can recoat in a few minutes but don’t wait more than thirty minutes. Once Aluma-Hyde II starts curing, you must wait until it’s fully cured to recoat. You can cut the cure time to approximately two days by circulating warm air (90? F. works fine) past the part. Absolutely no primer coat is required for a tough, durable, abrasion-resistant, rustproof finish that blends beautifully and compliments all gun finishing applications.
Brownells Guntechs recommend use of 084-179-004 All Purpose Clean Out Nozzle prior to attempting to spray this product.
1911, Issue:04, Page:062
AR-15, Issue:04, Page:077
Big Book Catalog, Issue:71, Page:400
SPECS: 12 oz. (340 g) aerosol can.